Monday, March 16, 2009

About Darryl

There's a short bit about me in the sidebar, but I thought I should write something new and link to it from the top of the site. I guess if people are coming here they'd like to know something about me, and since most visitors are coming from the Queensland Greens website I should write something new for them.

Unfortunately, I really don't like writing about myself, a fatal flaw in a politician perhaps! But here we go anyway.

My name is Darryl Rosin. I'm 37 years old, was born in Maryborough and raised in Wynnum-Manly, where I attended school and lived until I moved out of the family home to live closer to University with friends (as was the fashion at the time). I joined the Greens in about 2001, because they were (and are) the only party that was looking a the big picture challenges of life in the 21st Century, and I thought they could use all the help they could get.

I first stood as a candidate in 2004, in Greenslopes, because I think it's my duty to stand up for what I believe in. Democracy and Elections are all about people taking a public stand and asking people to vote for them. I'm reasonably articulate in public and thought I might have some success as a candidate. I think I've done OK over the years, which have been three times in Greenslopes, once in Griffith against Kevin Rudd in 2004 and as a Senate candidate in 2007. I was third on the ticket but got about 700 votes, which was quite a shock. I don't have 700 friends, but I must have impressed a few people enough to find me on the list, then fill in all 65 boxes.

I'm married with two children and according to my payslip I'm an "IT Professional" at a large University, where I work with researchers in the visual and performing arts, looking after a lot of computer equipment. I've made my career in Higher Education, mostly in the creative arts area, which has been great so far.

That might do for now. I'll write more in a little while.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Authorised by Desi Achilleos, 22 Frith Street South Brisbane